1½ pounds ground organic (or kosher) chicken
4 cloves garlic
1 medium onion
1 tsp coconut sugar
1 bunch Thai basil leaves
2 jalapenos (optional)
1 serrano chilli pepper (optional)
2 tbsp tamari sauce
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Finely chop up your garlic and slice up your onion.
2. Add a little coconut oil to a large sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Once heated, add your garlic and onions.
3. Add your ground chicken to your saucepan and cook, stirring often.
4. Cut up your jalapenos and chili pepper into slivers and remove the stems from your basil leaves.
5. When the chicken changes color add your jalapenos and chili pepper to your mixture.
6. Add your sugar, a bit of lime juice, tamari sauce, and basil leaves to your stir-fry last and stir.
7. Once your basil leaves have wilted, remove your masterpiece and serve.
Basil Chicken Stir Fry Recipe by Samantha Gladish, RHN
Founder of HolisticWellness.ca